About Me

My photo
I have been married to my husband for 19 years, and have 2 wonderful daughters, 16 and 15. I love being a wife and mother. I have recently discovered that I love to quilt. I especially love that it is MY thing in this house of mine. My family members have NO desire to take up my new found hobby and join along with me.

Friday, March 2, 2012

So I am not sure what to call my newest completed quilt.  I have a few thoughts in mind thought. When I finished and proudly showed it to my husband he asked---- " why don't you make your quilts bigger, so somebody can sleep under them?"  Well----- because I am just learning and it is more difficult to fit under the sewing machine that I have: hint hint hint....... deaf ears.

Just took a little nap under it and it suits me just fine: It measures 41x55.

Why the strange measurements?  well,  I just kinda start sewing and quit when I run out of fabric.  I never really have a planned result in mind.

This is the first semi planned pattern I guess its a stacked coin.  I had purchased on ebay a bunch of 5" squares and when I got them I just stashed them away.  After a few months I got them out and started slicing and sewing. I think there may even be a few fabrics from another set I picked up along the way.

So I sewed the top adding white , sandwiched the quilt and stuck it away to start something different.

Just a week or so ago I pulled it out again and decided to change the backing.  I'm glad I did.

The binding is machine sewn, there is no way I think I can take the challenge now to learn to hand sew the binding,   someday- uh - maybe.

I learned to do the binding  from crafty gemini-- have you seen her tutorials? She is awesome--
click here to watch


So: here is my latest: "Outta the closet"


Be well,





No comments:

Post a Comment