About Me

My photo
I have been married to my husband for 19 years, and have 2 wonderful daughters, 16 and 15. I love being a wife and mother. I have recently discovered that I love to quilt. I especially love that it is MY thing in this house of mine. My family members have NO desire to take up my new found hobby and join along with me.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

I feel like my quilting is getting a little better. Or, maybe I just am having a better time and feeling a little more confident. Either way, I am having a great time.

I should have a new quilt to show soon. The quilt I am talking about is a stacked coin quilt, I finished the top about a year ago. Not wanting to invest a lot of money in a back I folded it up and stashed it away.  About a week ago I decided to pull it and use a backing I had purchased a while ago but forgot I had. (Big oops, am I becoming one of those fabric hoarders? )

I also picked up a book from Amazon "Quilting and Color made easy" by Susan Mckelvey and Janet Wickell.  Great book takes the guess work and of how and why color goes together.

I also found a tutorial on Jeni's website: In color order, I follow her blog religiously.  She does a fantastic job and her quilts will have you drooling!  Click on the button for a great tutorial on color, you will probably find many other helpful tutorials!
click here



Drop me a note, let me know you've stopped by and just say hello!

Be well,

No comments:

Post a Comment