About Me

My photo
I have been married to my husband for 19 years, and have 2 wonderful daughters, 16 and 15. I love being a wife and mother. I have recently discovered that I love to quilt. I especially love that it is MY thing in this house of mine. My family members have NO desire to take up my new found hobby and join along with me.

Friday, February 3, 2012

I have always felt a desire to be one of those people that is artistic. The person that express themselves through either painting, photography, or even dance. The problem was that I could never get those thoughts or feelings from my head to a form of art. Trust me, I've tried.

About seven years ago a friend in the church took on the task of teaching me and my daughters how to sew... a quilt.  It was a great summer.  Once a week we would pack our sewing machine and scraps of material and head over to Shirley's house. One of us would sew strips on a 7" block of material, one would iron and the other would cut. It took an entire summer but we ended up with a queen sized scrap quilt top.  We never did get around to quilting it.

Now, seven years later I've found myself with a passion for quilts.  It was "renewed" when I one day went to a fabric store just to kill time and wander. I wanted something to do.

Well--- here I am. 

I hope to post the pictures as I go.

It will be me and only me thought. I am pretty okay with that.
My girls have moved on in age and being in high school they have no desire to be at the sewing machine, or ironing board with mom.

Be well



--  -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
     May the words of my mouth    --
and the meditation of my heart     --
be pleasing in your sight, O Lord --
My Rock and my Redeemer         --              
                                                     --
    Psalm 19:14                             --
                                                     --
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 

1 comment: