About Me

My photo
I have been married to my husband for 19 years, and have 2 wonderful daughters, 16 and 15. I love being a wife and mother. I have recently discovered that I love to quilt. I especially love that it is MY thing in this house of mine. My family members have NO desire to take up my new found hobby and join along with me.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

It seems every time I  take a minute to look over everyones newest addition in the land of quilts  here in blogger land, I look up at the clock  to find it has been much longer than a minute. Anyone else have that challenge? There is such beautiful work it is all so inspiring. I then find I've given away time that I could have used at my sewing machine.  Sigh---

I started last night  cutting fabric for the Disappearing four patch that will be my next project. I've never really followed a set pattern before and  I had been admiring the turquoise / red quilts I've been seeing on all of the wonderful blogs I follow. I  decided to make one with those beautiful colors for myself.




This weekend was the first time in a very-long-time, my family was all home together without a few extra teens. I love it when my girls have their friends over but it was kinda nice just us. I decided I would work while we watched a movie together. I hauled my cutting mat, fabric and all the needed doo-dads to the family room and started in.

Two yards  of material later I realized I was cutting the wrong fabric for the squares.




  I either sighed really loud or my husband had been watching me cut because he said-- "uh oh, thats the I need more fabric look, I know that look".  I had actually wanted to use the fabric I cut for the backing.  I will have to think of something and what I'm not sure yet but I set it aside for the night and grabbed a bowl of popcorn and  kicked back under my "too small quilt" that I finished earlier.

After I complete my Sunday chores or groceries and laundry catch up , dinner and dishes I think I will try a practice disappearing 4 patch. However, it occurred to me that I just might try some square in square pattern and use all of the fabrics. You see--- this is why it takes me so long to complete a quilt: because it takes me a while to decide how to begin the quilt.

Will post the results of my "maybe's" .... soon.

Be well my friends! (and say hello)


No comments:

Post a Comment