About Me

My photo
I have been married to my husband for 19 years, and have 2 wonderful daughters, 16 and 15. I love being a wife and mother. I have recently discovered that I love to quilt. I especially love that it is MY thing in this house of mine. My family members have NO desire to take up my new found hobby and join along with me.

Friday, March 16, 2012

I've been putting off posting I guess I am just being a coward.  Big confession... I tend to start a project and then head a whole different direction than when I planned.
Its some sort of thing where I expect bigger and better from myself.  Its as if I am a perfectionist that sabotages herself.


It goes something like: "It's not perfect, it won't be perfect so why am I even trying.


I did my first DP4 square and it looked like this






I did not like it at all ; it is just not what I imagined it should be it was too small or something.
So I added a piece to make it a little bigger.






Nope there was no way (I decided) I was going to make a bunch of squares that I wasn't liking because they were too big or too small.


I decided to just start playing around and cut and reattach and recut and ...... well you know what I mean.




I then became way too overwhelmed and wanted some immediate satisfaction. I skipped on over to Crafty Gemini and found a Great Crafty Gemini Drawstring bag tutorial  and came up with these




I got a little bit of satisfaction and now its off to try to do something with the colors I insisted on having and create some sort of a quilt with it.

I think when I am finished I am going to sneak on over to This great fabric store/site Sky Reves Fabrics where Natasha was nice enough to answer my question.  (Thank You hope to hear from you soon)

Be well everyone-- say hello








No comments:

Post a Comment